TEXT +61 0433 158 706 OR GET A FREE QUOTE
If you would like to have your roof look nice and new again cleaned hundreds of roofs and always use a process and treatment that will not only remove all the dirt and contaminants but will also inhibit the re growth of lichen and algae by killing the left over spoors that inhabit the nooks and crannies of your roof tiles. If you have terracotta roof tiles once cleaned and treated your roof will literally look like new and there will be absolutely no need to worry about painting terracotta as there colour is natural or glazed and it will be there for life. Cement roof tiles however don’t fare so well. Modern tiles withstand the weather much better than older tiles technologically speaking so chances are if your tiles are 15 – 20 years old the colour has long gone and what is left is beneath the build-up of dirt, lichen, mould and moss and once cleaned will come away with dirt and all that will remain is the raw cement tile which will need repainting asap after the cleaning procedure because of its porosity. If your tiles are relatively new the cleaning process will only clean the tile and the colour will not be affected. Your roof will look like new.
Once the surface has been pressure cleaned, pressure cleaning technicians apply a product to the affected area. The solution works to attack moss, mould and gunge spores. Each time the surface becomes wet the solution re-activates to prevent mould and algae taking hold again.
Water repellent treatment
Mould and algae require wet or damp conditions to grow. By treating affected porous surfaces with water repellent, we can greatly inhibit the regrowth of mould and algae. The water repellent penetrates deep into the pores, forming a bond with the surface and assists in locking out any water and contaminants. Water repellent treatment is also extremely effective in reducing slip hazards.
1) Stop the damage that roof staining organisms are doing to your roof. These organisms, specifically algae, lichens, and moss are feeding off the organic material in your shingles. In other words, your shingles are their food source. The longer they are allowed to stay and feast off your shingles, the more damage they will cause.
2) Roof algae, lichens and/or moss can eat through your shingles and into your roof deck causing wood rot. When the wood rots, moisture gets in through the cracks and creates an environment hospitable to mold growth. And mold growth in a home can pose health risks to people and pets. Don’t ignore roof stains.
3) Your insurance company can cancel your homeowners policy for having a dirty roof. Insurance companies are increasingly demanding that homeowners have their roofs cleaned. And they often only give a very short notice to do it. We’ve seen cases where the homeowner was given less than a week to comply or lose their insurance coverage. That’s why it is SO VERY important to be proactive and have those roofs professionally cleaned BEFORE you get that notice from your insurance company. Insurance companies know that untreated roof stains will negatively impact the overall integrity of the roof, which can also lead to mold growth INSIDE your home. Roof stains are seen as ‘risks’ that could cost them money in a claim.
4) A roof covered with algae, moss etc. is no longer able to efficiently reflect sunlight. The algae covered shingles absorb heat, thereby super-heating your attic and increasing your cooling costs.
Q. Can the algae on my roof shingles damage my roof?
A. ABSOLUTELY! Algae feed on the limestone filler used to give the shingles weight. Over time, as the filler is eaten away, the granules protecting the surface of the shingle lose their hold and begin to wash off. As a result of this loss of shingle mass, the roof loses the ability to reflect heat rays. By not efficiently reflecting light from the sun, the roof gets much hotter than it should. The increased heat leads to shortened shingle-life, as well as increased heat in your attic, possibly causing higher air conditioning bills.
5) Restore the beauty of your home. A dirty roof detracts from your home’s curb appeal. You clean your siding, porches, and walkways. You may even apply weed control and fertilizers to spruce up your lawn and garden. But if you ignore those ugly roof stains, no matter what else you do to improve your home’s exterior, those stains will be the main focal point of your home’s exterior. And, if you are hoping to sell your house, roof cleaning is a must!
If your roof isn’t cleaned regularly, especially if the algae is visibly noticeable, it can lead to rapid deterioration of your shingles, which has a few effects:
• Since your shingles help block UV rays, you’ll drop in your home’s energy efficiency and steep rise in your AC bills.
• You’ll have to replace your roofing much sooner than you should need to, and that can cost upwards of $10,000.
Our team of experts can clean any roof type on your residential, commercial or industrial property. Whether it’s glass, terracotta, cement, Colorbond or anything else, we can achieve a great result to have it looking its absolute best.
Our friendly team of experts have the best and latest in equipment to handle any roof, and will apply specialized treatment to completely kill any moss, mold or leaches that might be living on the surface. This is pressure cleaned and an additional coat applied to protect and preserve the newly cleaned roof.
Having a clean roof is crucial for homes and commercial buildings alike. If your home or commercial building is surrounded by trees or foliage, there is a strong chance that the roof has been battered by leaves and debris. Roofs will also be beaten by rain, hail, strong winds and other elements while a house or building is standing. After a particularly rainy or windy season, it is very important to enlist the help of the Crystal Services Group roof cleaning service. Not only will it look like new, it will be ready to take on whatever the next season will throw at it.
Crystal Services Group provides an affordable and quick roof cleaning service will remove dirt, mold, algae, and debris. To provide a complete clean, Crystal Services Group are able to use our pressure washing system. It is extremely effective at roof cleaning, and also environmentally friendly. No abrasive or harmful chemicals are used when cleaning your roof, which ensures that your home or building are not affected by the cleaning. Our careful cleaning methods also minimize any dirty water left over, and that residue is appropriately drained.
The team at Crystal Services always ensure that our roof cleaning service is affordable, quick, non-invasive, and environmentally friendly. The difference between a dirty roof and a Crystal Services Group cleaned roof is visible and noticeable.
Contact us today for a quote!
WE EMPLOY ONLY THE BEST QUALIFIED WORKERS
We only employ people with 8 or more years of experience doing window cleaning and general cleaning services.
WE OFFER FIRST CLASS SERVICE AND PUNCTUALITY
You will always get a service delivered straight on time to your home.
15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AVAIL US
We have been in the market for a long period of time, so we have been doing this continously and know the best methods to deliver the service.
CHEMICALS USED FOR WINDOW CLEANING ARE REPLACED EVERY DAY
Unlike other traders, we make sure to replace the chemicals and liquids to clean the windows every day.